MacOS Sierra is the thirteenth significant release of macOS Operating System. It is a series of graphical operating systems developed and marketed by Apple Inc.
MacOS Sierra is the 13th major version of Apple’s Unix-based operating system. It’s perceived very little in common with the original Mac operating system, the one that saw Apple through the 80s and 90s. Apple dumped that when CEO Steve Jobs decided it was time for a change in 2001. Apple had given too many years gathering new features onto a software foundation poured initially in 1984. Programmers and customers complained of the “spaghetti code” the Mac OS had become.
The first beta of macOS Sierra was released to developers on June 13, 2016. The first public beta was released on July 7, 2016. It was released to end users on September 20, 2016. It’s Latest release was 10.12.6 (16G1408) on June 1, 2018.
End of life (EOL):
Apple doesn’t release its End of Life schedule prior. So, it is still under support.
macOS Sierra needs at least 2 GB of RAM and 8 GB of storage space and will run on:
- iMac: Late 2009 or later
- MacBook and MacBook 12-inch: Late 2009 or version new
- MacBook Pro: Mid 2010 or version new
- MacBook Air: Late 2010 or version new
- Mac Mini: Mid 2010 or version new
- Mac Pro: Mid 2010 or version new
1. OS X 10.7.5 or later
2. 2GB of memory
3. 8.8GB of available storage
4. Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
5. Some features need a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
How to Install MacOS Sierra ISO
Step 1. Extract the Image File with Winrar or 7zip.
Step 2. Install Virtualbox.
Step 3. Create a New Virtual Machine.
Step 4. Setup your Virtual Machine.
Step 5. Add Code to VirtualBox with Command Prompt
Sierra is the first ever version of macOS since OS X Mountain Lion that does not run on every computer that the previous versions supported. Developers have created workarounds to install macOS Sierra on some Mac computers that are no longer officially supported.
- Download Windows 95 ISO
- Free Download Windows 98 ISO
- Download Windows 3.1 ISO Free
- Download Windows 2000 ISO Free
MacOS Sierra Key Features
- A Brand New File System
- Better Graphics and VR
- Backward Compatibility
- Safari Knows When to Keep Quiet
- Safari Privacy Protection
- Persistent Website Customization.
- Editing Features for Photos.
- Mail Upgrades
- Notes Tweaks
- A Brighter Spotlight
- iCloud File Sharing
- Tighter Security
- Messaging gets an overhaul.
- Desktop and Documents move to iCloud.
- Photos App for mac becomes more smarter.
Changes: What’s new in Sierra-
1.) Auto Unlock: The “Auto Unlock” feature is activated merely by wearing an Apple Watch in the range of your Mac computer.
2.) Check out Using Apple Pay: When you are using Safari and visit a website that supports Apple Pay, then you can instantly check out by tapping on the Apple Pay logo.
3.) iCloud Drive
If you use iCloud Drive, then you can take advantage of macOS Sierra’s ability to sync your Desktop and Document folders automatically.
4.) iTunes 12.5
The new version of iTunes introduces an all-new Apple Music design.
5.) Messages Update: The Messages app has been updated in macOS Sierra so that it works similarly as the Messages app in iOS 10.
6.) Optimized Storage: macOS Sierra can help you optimize the storage on your computer by automatically storing files you rarely use in the cloud.
7.) Photos App For Mac Becomes Smarter
The Photos app for macOS Sierra has facial recognition and the ability to search for people, places, and things.
8.) Picture In Picture
Apple has introduced a similar picture-in-picture feature for macOS Sierra. This involves you can watch videos in Safari, and it will drift over other windows. Picture-in-picture in macOS Sierra works explicitly in Safari and iTunes for macOS Sierra.
9.) Siri On The Mac
Siri can be used on the Mac systems to ask questions, open applications, search for files, control Music on iTunes and set up FaceTime calls.
10.) Tabs Galore
Tabs Galore feature is especially handy if you manage multiple files using the Apple iWork app or depend on the Apple Maps app for numerous destinations.
11.) Universal Clipboard
you can copy a line of text on your iPhone and paste it in the Messages app on your Mac.
12.) Volume Control Improvement
In this feature, you have to tap on the volume button instead of holding down the Option button to change the device sound output.
- Safari improves web browsing
- Spotlight search can do more
- Photos get new editing tools
- Preps the Mac for future external GPU and VR upgrades
- Few visible changes
- APFS doesn’t currently support Fusion drives
Why You Should Download macOS Sierra?
- Install if you have OS X El Capitan or macOS Sierra Problems.
- Install for Night Mode On Your Mac.
- Install if you have 2016
- MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.
- Install if you need better security.
- Install the macOS Sierra for Siri.
- Install for Better Messages & New Emoji.
- Install to Unlock with the Apple Watch.
- Install for Apple Pay on Mac.
- Install to get more storage space back.
Why You Shouldn’t Install macOS Sierra?
- Don’t install if you aren’t prepared.
- Don’t Install if you want to Try the macOS High Sierra Beta.
- Don’t install if you are worried about macOS Sierra problems.
- Don’t install if you use an old Mac.
- Don’t install if you’re traveling.
In this article, we have read so many different things about the Mac OS Sierra. So, guys, if you liked this article and you think this information can help someone, then please share this article with them and also provide us with your review of the contents of the article.
For much more exciting topics, stay tuned with us and also do bookmark us and we will keep you updated.